22 January 2010

Happy New Year

Yes, there is a song with the name, "Happy New Year." It's by ABBA. Don't ask how I know these things. I even found this one without help from cddb.com. Anyway, it's a new year, and I realized it's now been two months without a post. That practically qualifies this as a dormant blog. Sorry to anyone out there who was actually looking for updates from me.

I have decided this year that new year resolutions are overwhelming. Not because you're striving for improvement, but because you're going for total makeover improvement - in the middle of winter. So, instead, I've decided to implement monthly life improvements. Each month I will implement one thing into my life that will improve me. Just one thing. It can be a physical improvement goal, something related to family, a personal issue, work related, anything. The point is that I want to make one thing a habit during that month, then hopefully find that it will continue as I move on to the next area of improvement.

So, what is my great start to monthly improvements? I have selected that to be the implementation of the monthly improvements! Wow! I've already accomplished the first one! Now, I know that's a weak start, but I didn't actually decide to do this until halfway through January. So, I'll really begin in February. Some of these improvements I'll mention here and provide updates. Others may not fit this forum. I'm sure some will relate to weight loss, some to cycling, others to waterskiing, maybe some to getting my family outside and active. Whatever they are, having these monthly improvement goals will give me something to aim for even after the health clubs have emptied in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment