28 August 2008

Jacob's Ladder

While there are several versions of the song "Jacob's Ladder", I've been humming the Huey Lewis & the News version all day long. The problem is that the chorus is so stinking short that you can sing it about 10 times every minute. Talk about repetitive.
Anyway, I got my second round trip commute in today, since 9 August! That's quite a drought for me. I can't complain about the entire thing however, since I did go on a trip for a week. I traded in the wheels for waterskis and tried out a different sport at Lake Powell. I learned that bicycling is only marginal cross-training for waterskiing. The legs have the strength, but the upper-body gives out way too quickly for serious waterskiing action. I figure that if I can lose the extra weight I'm toting around and get my upper-body toned a little better, the I'll be better prepared for waterskiing next season.
Not much to mention about the commute, aside from the mornings cooling off enough to almost require the arm warmers again. I'll work on that over the coming weeks. Since I have the goal to keep bike commuting until the snow flies, I guess I'd better figure out the layering as the weather cools. Maybe I'll even be smart enough to write down what works for me at different temperatures so that I can reverse it next spring. Maybe.
Well, back to getting caught up at work. I'm looking forward to a good ride tonight and another tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment