15 September 2009

I Miss You

There is a lot of missing in the musical literature. I'll let you fill in the band and melody with which you're most familiar. I just want to use the sentiment.

I miss my bike. It's just sitting at home right now, but I miss it. I haven't ridden since Friday morning. I had some scheduling issues that precluded my riding yesterday or today for my commute. I will hopefully be able to ride tomorrow.

The weekend was heavily booked with family and church commitments, so no ride then. Instead I had to talk to people about the Salt to Saint relay ride I had recently learned about. So far, the interest has been marginal. Definitely no takers for this year.

I have this great idea to ride my bike from my home in West Jordan out to Vernon, then follow that up with some waterskiing. I just then need to determine if I try to ride home, or if I can get a ride back for me and my bike. I just think that could make something quite near the ideal day of recreation for me: biking 50+ miles with some significant climbing across long grades, and some passes through the waterski course. Too bad the warm weather is rapidly fading.

But, I digress. I just need to get back on the bike and ride to keep me from packing on the pounds, and to keep myself happy. Commuting tomorrow, and the rest of the week.

1 comment: