28 February 2008

Here Comes the Sun

As I turned the corner on 4800 South, I looked straight into the morning sun and realized just how glorious bicycle commuting is! I stated singing "Here Comes the Sun" in my head as I rode along. It was about 34 degrees (F) and I was warm, sweating in fact. Little darlin', I feel the ice is slowly melting. Little darlin', it feels like years since I've seen dawn.
The right gear can make even freezing mornings tolerable for riding. I was wearing tights and a long-sleeve jersey with a windbreaker over it. My toes were quite chilly, though, since I forgot my foot covers and the cold wind was blowing right through my shoes. My toes have thawed out now, so I'm still excited.
I finally got the whole bicycle commuting thing to work last night. Since I have an extra vehicle around the house while I'm waiting for my 2001 Toyota Tundra to sell, I was able to ride home, then have a vehicle to get to my church meetings last night. The evening commute was plenty warm with temperatures in the upper 40s.

No comments:

Post a Comment