05 November 2008

Amid the Falling Snow

I've been amid the falling snow, to use the Enya song title. I'm reminded of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail when in the course of the quest Fall is given a bye and the seasons jump directly to Winter. I think that just happened over the past three days.
I could have ridden my bike up to last week, had weather been the only concern. However, today was definitely not riding weather. Today was early season snow that stuck. I thought about riding this morning just to spite the snow, but now I'm glad that I didn't since I lack fenders and I'd be shooting nearly-freezing spray up my back on the trip home. I keep thinking about a commuter / urban bike as an option for my stable as I get rid of my mid-1980s Centurion LeMans and my early-1990s Specialized S-Works M2. I don't think either is worth a whole heap of cash now, but they're taking up space in my garage that I could give to an inclement-weather-friendly bike. I just don't know much about the available options, aside from the Novarra that I got my Dad last year.
But for now I'll just drive my gas-guzzler on the I-can't-drive-in-snow traffic clogged roads cursing all the Utah drivers for my entire commute. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment