02 November 2008

Dreamer

Wow, autumn came quickly. I guess now it's time to wax up the skis and begin dreaming of another cycling season.
I've already started making plans for 2009. Nicole has decided that she wants to ride the Zion Country Early Spring Century family ride again. Maybe we'll take some friends this year. The wives can do the 25-miler and the husbands can do the 50-miler (with Beth in the trailer). Maybe.
Or, I could get my first exposure to Gooseberry Mesa. I have heard and read wonderful things about the riding there, but have yet to get there myself.
Ooh, then there's always Moab a little later in the spring. And there's the Showdown at 5-mile Pass.
I still think that a great, unexplored mountain biking destination is Glen Canyon Recreation Area. There are nearly unlimited riding possibilities, just off the front of a houseboat. And, if you're in the Page, AZ area, check out Lakeside Bikes. The owner's an awesome guy and runs a slot canyon tour company as well. Oh, and it's the only bike shop I've ever visited that has promotional shot glasses rather than water bottles.
Anyway, I guess this is kind of an end of season post that has me thinking, even dreaming, about things to come in the next year. Will I  get in more mountain riding? Will I knock out a century ride or two? Will I just get in the commutes? Will I get to do more rides with my family? Will we do some Jordan River parkway rides with neighbors? So many options, so few weekends and evenings it seems.
I guess that time will tell what will happen.
BTW, the title for today's post comes from a Supertramp song.
Oh, and a shoutout to my cousin Brad Keyes. I don't think that I ever properly thanked him for making me feel like I belonged at my first mountain bike race lo those many years ago.
Sorry that the posts are slowing down, but it's harder to find cycling related content in my life when I'm off the bike and burning gas.

1 comment:

  1. I had a suspicion it was you posing as the "lantern rouge"

    Hey, there will be another Gooseberry 100k coming up in February 09. I'll post the final dates on my blog so you'll need to add that to your 09 to do list.

    Ride On!

    ReplyDelete