12 July 2008

Dancing with Myself

First of all: Davey -- meaning Dave Zabriskie, whom I have no right to call by any nickname -- you've got to stop with the crashing! I was so stoked to see you riding with Team Garmin at Le Tour. But is was not to be. Even though the Stage 4 Time Trial would have been ideal. I'm just saying.
Anyway, that stage 4 Time Trial and a ride this morning -- solo -- reminded me that I've not yet heard Phil Ligget or Paul Sherwin refer to anyone "dancing on the pedals." Probably because I've not seen a mountainous stage yet.
Well, this morning I did a 38 km ride that mirrored my typical morning and extended evening commute rides, but all together.
Now, since even David Bowie says that if he had the chance he'd ask somebody to dance, I'll be heading out with Phillip Harrison and David Flores for a training ride for the ULCER. We're planning on taking the rolling roads of the west side of the Salt Lake valley. Should be fun.
But, WOW!, two big rides in one day! How did those stars align?

No comments:

Post a Comment