16 July 2008

The Wheel in the Sky

After the exultant post last Saturday, I realized that I hadn't ridden at all the week leading up to that, and I've only been able to commute last night and this morning. I guess that there's a big old elastic out there in the universe and when I pull it too tight at one point, it rebounds to release it's own tension. So, after a great few weeks of high commutes, it bounced back with a week off the bike. Then I stretched it again with two rides in one day last Saturday (totaling about 72 km) , only to have it recoil back and keep me off the bike for another day or two.
Now I get to ride home today -- provided it's not raining then -- and ride to work tomorrow and it's off the bike again for a few more days while I'm chaperoning Youth Conference for the teenagers of my ward.
Why is it that July always seems to get so busy, just when I want to kick up my training, and maybe watch some of Le Tour? I don't get it. As the Journey song says, "The wheel in the sky keeps on turning… I don't know where I'll be tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment