09 September 2008

What's Up?

4 Non-Blondes had a great question, "What's Going On?" Well, my answer to that, at least today, would be, "I'm back on the bike again."
I cut through all of the reasons I couldn't ride home -- and there are many, trust me -- and just rode. That meant that I rode back to work this morning as well.
Aside from a brain-dead minivan driver who backed out in front of me, and a couple of people who turned onto the street at the same place I was riding, traffic was good. (None of those were serious incidents, just minor annoyances with no major safety concerns. It's just Utah drivers.) Okay, so it looks like a bad traffic day in Utah today.
I still need to fix Nicole's flat tire. I also need to make a minor adjustment on my road bike's shifting to make it more accurate and keep the derailleur from rubbing the spokes. If only, if only… I had some spare time, I'd keep my bikes as shiny as thine. Well, at least the burn on my thumb is healing so I should be able to use my right hand for something useful soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment