06 May 2008

Break It Down Again

"Break it down again. No more sleepy dreamin'. The time to build is through, it is time to dissolve." A great Tears for Fears song, but a sad concept for blogging. One broken spoke can really ruin your ride. I was about 1 km from the start of my commute home when the spoke blew out as I started at a light. The only thing I could do was turn around and walk back to the office. The wheel is at Taylor's Bikes being fixed and I'll get it again tomorrow.
Just a reminder to not put off riding. Any day may be a great day to ride, and you never know if you'll be able to ride tomorrow. I was on the bike yesterday and today. Because of scheduling issues, I'll not be able to commute tomorrow, or any more this week. As my bike bottle from REI so clearly states: Ride every day. Bikes are freedom. I'll miss that freeedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment