14 May 2008

A Little Help from My Friends

Want to give back to the community? There are a few events coming up in the Salt Lake area that I'm supporting: the West Jordan Sunrise Duathlon, and Bike for Kids.
Despite my thoughts on running and joggers, I'll be participating as a team with Nicole in the West Jordan Duathlon on 24 May. It gives me a chance to ride and her a chance to run. We just need to figure out how we take care of Beth with the quick transitions. Maybe some grandparents coming to watch? This event benefits a small charity established to help families whose children die of cancer.
Then, we'll be volunteering at the Bikes for Kids event. I've appreciated the help of people at rest stations, so I wanted to give a little back by manning one for this ride on 31 May.

As part of the Cycle Salt Lake week events, the UTA Bike Share Bonanza takes place 16 May from 4 - 8 PM at Gallivan Plaza. It's a fun time for all and a nice escape for a Friday night. Bike there or take a train!

No comments:

Post a Comment