30 May 2008

Faith

While not the biggest George Michael fan, I remember the song and song title from the 80s, and it seemed to apply recently. Yesterday's rain almost made me doubt riding home. Then an early mailbox pickup almost made me doubt getting a letter off.
The great rains of Thursday morning had me pulling the bike inside the office to keep the chain from actively rusting in the water. However, by mid-afternoon the clouds had parted some and I decided to take a chance, have some faith, and ride home. As I did, I actually rude under a front and felt the temperature drop as I rode. The cloud line was quite distinct and clear. But the weather held except for a few droplets of rain.
Then, I was supposed to get a letter into the mail yesterday as well. I thought it was not a problem since there's a mail box on my commute home. However, I had forgotten that the pick-up is at 3:00 PM. I rode past at about 4:30. Oops. So, it was off to find a post office. My bike GPS failed me for the first time ever by not having S state Street in its database. So, I was on my own. I know how to get to the Midvale post office on back streets, so I headed off. The last pickup on their outside boxes is 5:00 PM. I missed that by 20 minutes, but their last pickup on their inside box is 5:30. Barely made it. Glad I had the faith.
By the way, 20° C is find for riding without leg warmers, but when it drops to 15° C, you may want to have them back on. Just a thought from people who care.
Oh, and a big "Woo Hoo" to all the commuters who waved on yesterday's ride home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment