13 May 2008

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I met a guy this morning whose bike commute was 15 miles each way, and he wished it was ten more. His office was considering a move South, closer to his home, and he was bummed about it. Find me a single auto commuter who would feel that way! Kudos to him.
Happy Salt Lake County Mayor's Bike to Work Day! Yup, as part of National Bike to Work Week, Salt Lake County has a Bike to Work day. Not that it made any difference to me. But anything that can get people out of their cars and onto a healthy form of transportation is a good thing. (Well, except for legislation. I think it needs to be a voluntary move to have any true merit.) Strange how the past few years Bike to Work week has been the week that I've been able to bike the least; I've had conflicts at work, at home, anywhere it seems. This year I'm at least getting a few days on the bandwagon, even if on the official Bike to Work day, Friday, I have a conference to attend and biking is, for me, not an option that day.
Anyway, after a beautiful morning commute with temperatures hovering around 10° C, it's off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment