02 May 2008

"On a Cold and a Rainy Day…

Where on Earth is the Sun, anyway?" Well, it was in Cancun for a week, in Salt Lake for the start of this week, then back today. But, the glorious temperatures in Cancun (pushing 30° C every day) that followed me home, quickly left and returned us to near-freezing temperatures and threat of rain and snow. So much for May's grand arrival with warmer weather.
I actually managed to ride the great temperatures on Monday and Tuesday. However, Tuesday's brutal winds nearly did me in. I rode out for a haircut, and the ride took me 15 minutes longer than the extra 15 minutes I planned into a commute that is typically just over half an hour. Well, from the haircut home with a tail wind, there's great story. Nicole left her sister's house, heading home,  just before her sister gave me a haircut. After my haircut, I got a call from Nicole telling me that she wasn't home yet. I hopped on the bike and headed out. The next time I saw Nicole, we were passing in the neighborhood. She had been home long enough to make a phone call and head out to a neighbor's house when I caught her there.
Then Wednesday and Thursday were just cold and overcast. I did still ride, but it was tougher to convince myself to get out Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon. Now Friday morning's dawned clear and cold and I'm looking forward to the ride with proper wind protection.
Tomorrow is the Intermountain Cup Showdown at 5-mile Pass. It's tempting to try it, but I haven't been on a mountain bike in almost a year. Maybe I should try a dirt ride out of competition first. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.
Finally for this morning: As David Bernstein says on his podcast, The Fredcast, "I'm a Fred." Yes, it's true, I am. I got the GPS enabled bike computer the other day and got it installed last night. I'll probably mention more about that as I get to use it over the coming weeks.
And now it's time to head out to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment